Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's already May... and I'm already behind!

After coming across several great gardening blogs I was inspired to do my own. One of the joys of gardening is that there is always change... a new volunteer pops up in an unexpected place, a flower I can't remember planting appears, or the daylilies make a break for it across the lawn. There is always something new to behold and new ground that needs to be cut out to expand the beds.
     This is also a problem if you're a gardener. I tend to forget where I planted what bulbs and which plants are where until late spring when everything seems to come up at once. I began photographing parts of the garden in an attempt to record where things were, particularly the 500 bulbs I've planted, but flipping through the images on the camera didn't provide the "garden diary" I hoped it would. I'm hoping this blog will help with that. I want to record what has been planted and the growth of my strolling garden over the years.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn: Great to see your new blog and look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Seeing all the other wonderful gardening blogs, like yours, was such inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails